Wednesday 24 October 2018

Sleepless Nights

Not being able to sleep at night without any medication is termed as sleeplessness. it is an ailment. but most of us including me refuse to accept this . As a result... no sleep... whole night. Despite every effort I make , it remains elusive for the better part of the night. The more I go after it, the more it runs away from me. It has become my "ruthi hui premika" whom I am desperate to win back.

I have tried all the tricks to woo her but all in vain. I have gone from domestic formulas but no use. Counted infinite sheep, drank warm milk, even tried doing sheersh aasana in the dead of night. But all proved useless. I have laid many traps but.... the culprit named sleep is yet to be caught. I think it is cleverer than me as it surpasses me every time. It always mocks me from a distance.

Many times I read books too especially those ones which are otherwise boring ones (as I take chances by adopting different methods every time). At many occasions I watch religious sermons to lure my darling sleep. Needless to say here that even then it always evades me. So many therapies have gone down the drain in their vain effort to win over sleep.

Sometimes I envy those who fall asleep just when they lie down. My husband is one such person who can fall asleep anywhere and at any time he wants. He would just lie down and close his eyes. And lo! You can hear his soft snore. He loves sleeping while travelling. It is his way to enjoy the journey. He sleeps the whole time. And me.... all awake...looking at people and hearing all sorts of snoring in the train coach.

All being said, but one thing is for sure. I do like my sleepless nights as there is no one to disturb me when I am reading. I write at night. Even this blog is being written while everyone else in the house is fast asleep. I need not worry about their lunches or dinners or teas or snacks. It is me and my creativity. It is quite peaceful during night as there is no one to disturb you and bother you. Basically despite having puffy eyes in the morning, after a sleepless night, I have no regrets about it.


6 comments: